EVP & Managing Principal
Garrett is Executive Vice President and Managing Principal of the Newport Beach office (Southern California Headquarters) and serves on the Board of Members of SRS Real Estate Partners. Garrett has been with SRS since 2011 and has helped grow the Newport Beach office initially from two brokers to more than 30 over the last few years. Garrett attributes the rapid and successful growth of the office and region to their strong stable of tenants, their top-notch project leasing team, and the explosive growth of their Capital Markets and National Net Lease Group.
Garrett’s primary focus is expanding national and regional retailers and restaurants throughout Southern California. He has been in the retail real estate industry since 2004 as a consultant, development manager, and broker. Prior to joining SRS, Garrett was with Grubb & Ellis where he was a leader within the company’s national retail tenant rep practice group. Previous to Grubb & Ellis, he spent five years managing retail developments, taking large-scale projects from start to finish with Thomas Enterprises in Southern California.
- SRS Chairman’s Award 2017
- SRS #1 Top Producer in the country (2015 & 2016)
- SRS Top Producer Award (2013-Present)
- SRS MVP Award (2015)
- Chain Store Age’s National Power Broker
- Real Estate Forum’s National Top Retail Leasing Broker
- Real Estate Forum’s National Emerging Retail Leaders
- Planet Fitness National Broker of the Year (3 consecutive years)
- CoStar Power Broker (2011-Present)
Garrett has a bachelor’s degree in Planning and Development, and played college baseball at California State University, Chico. He is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the Association of Commercial Real Estate of Southern California.