Designing and implementing dining amenities for a signature resort and casino
Strategic merchandising and intensive efforts lead to fully-leased dining amenities at destination resort and casino
Station Casinos, the leading U.S. gaming resort developer, entitled its largest resort investment in its 36-year history in Sonoma County, CA. They needed to attract to this $1 billion resort 13 quality dining establishments strongly associated with the San Francisco Bay Area. The proposed dinging amenity contemplated four full-service restaurants in 32,000 square feet and nine small-format, fast-casual concepts in 10,000 square feet.
SRS first advised Station on the optimal mix of concepts, and then developed a list of ideal operators for each concept. A key challenge was to convince these operators to locate within this gaming venue. SRS overcame their concerns by articulating the benefits of the Station opportunity, incorporating sales analogs from gaming resorts, quantifying the traffic generation and marketing impressions, and establishing a comfort level regarding the unconventional lease provisions involving the resort’s tribal property locale.
After an intensive effort, SRS secured fully-executed leases for the 13 restaurants. Graton Resort opened in November 2013 and is considered the largest entertainment destination in the Bay area.
- Optimal concept mix study including ideal operators list
- Incorporated sales analogs, quantified traffic generation & marketing impressions
- Navigating unconventional lease provisions due to the resort’s tribal property locale
- Four full-service restaurants, including M.Y China by Martin Yan, Tony’s of North Beach, The Daily Grill & 630 Park Steakhouse
- Nine small format fast-casual restaurants including La Fondita, Beach Hut Deli, Slice House by Tony Gemignani, The Habit Burger Grill, Roadside BBQ, Boathouse Sushi, Starbucks, DK Wings, Scoops featuring Three Twins Ice Cream