Vice President, REO Co-Team Lead
Jim Hoffman represents both landlords and tenants and specializes in retail real estate dispositions, procurement, and relocations. Jim has abundant experience assisting lenders and receivers navigating the REO process, with the goal of preserving and escalating asset value. He works with regional and local tenants in Colorado and also has acted as the lead broker for several tenants handling their national brokerage needs. Jim has more than 35 years of experience in brokerage and retail services.
- In-N-Out Burger – Assisting Tenant in multi-store rollout
- Lamar’s Donuts – Provides real estate consulting services for lease renewals and new market expansion
- Bellco Credit Union – Represented Tenant for leases at 2 premier retail development sites
- JC Penny – Represented Tenant in disposing of 98,000+ sf store in Denver Metro
- Brookhill Towne Center – REO leasing services
- Pizza Hut – Represents Tenant in the Denver metro for relocations and new stores
- The Kroenke Group – leasing 7 anchored shopping centers
- CoStar Power Broker: Retail
- Pennsylvania State University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Colorado State University – Master of Science in Earth Resources
Jim is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). He is also a Board member of the Commercial Boulder Brokers Association. He spends his free time enjoying the outdoors with his family.
CASE STUDY – Brookhill town center
- Transitioning to Receiver (2011) – Borrower defaulted on CMBS loan and Receiver put in place. SRS evaluates current tenant leases and prepares a property market rate summary, lease-up schedule and Tenant Improvement budget.
- Value Preservation (2012-2015) – Receiver was tasked to preserve value and deploys a property management team. Receiver directive is to maintain status quo.
- Value Escalation (2016) – Receiver directs leasing team to aggressively lease vacant space from 35% occupancy in preparation to bring asset to market. SRS effectively leases 70,000 SF in 14-months and takes occupancy to +80%.
- Receiver Exit (2017) – Property sells to NewCo for $4.25 MM.
- Profit Approach (2018) – NewCo hires SRS to continue marketing the vacant space for a lease-up and sell strategy. SRS reaches 100% occupancy goal within 10-months of NewCo purchase.
- Success Complete (2019) – NewCo sells asset for $9.25 MM completing a 2.2 multiple exit.