August’s top 10 retail leasing deals totaled less than July’s in terms of square footage.
The 10 biggest retail leases signed last month totaled 119,900 square feet, down 52,000 square feet from July’s total of 171,900 square feet. The largest retail lease in August was inked in Penn Plaza.
1) Candytopia, 401 Seventh Avenue, Penn Plaza – 24,881 square feet
The candy museum inked a lease for 24,881 square feet of space at 401 Seventh Avenue. Ian Zimmerman of Winick Realty Group represented the tenant. The building’s landlord is 401 Commercial LLC.
2) Shop Fair Supermarket, 2108 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard, West Harlem – 20,000 square feet
The supermarket inked a 15-year lease for 20,000 square feet of space at 2108 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard. Yoel Gorjian of Winick Realty Group represented the tenant while Joseph Jemal of Jem Realty Management represented the landlord in house.
3) The Well, 2 East 15th Street, Flatiron – 13,040 square feet
The wellness club inked a 15-year lease for 13,040 square feet of space at 2 East 15th Street. Noel Flagg and Marc Leber of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant while Steven Baker, Daniyel Cohen and Matthew Schuss of Winick Realty Group represented the landlord, Madison Capital.
4) Fête, 231 West 39th Street, Garment District – 12,063 square feet
The food hall inked a 16-year lease for 12,063 square feet of space at 231 West 39th Street. Michael Yadgard of Maxwelle New York represented the tenant while James and Jeffrey Buslik of Adams & Company represented the landlord, Jordan Schur Properties.
5) Higher Ground, 775 Columbus Avenue, Upper West Side – 10,976 square feet
The educational organization inked a lease for 10,976 square feet of space at 775 Columbus Avenue. Jordan Gosin of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant while Ross Burack of Winick Realty Group represented the landlord, 775 Columbus LLC.
6) Related Companies, 505 West 19th Street, Chelsea – 10,627 square feet
The real estate developer signed a lease for 10,627 square feet of space at 505 West 19th Street. The building’s landlord is HFZ Capital Group.
7) Nili Lotan, 142 Duane Street, Tribeca – 7,668 square feet
The fashion designer signed a lease for 7,668 square feet of space at 142 Duane Street. Helen Chang and Michael Ashkenazy of 142 Duane Owner LLC represented the landlords, 142 Duane Owner LLC and Michael Ashkenazy.
8) Sleep Number, 136 Fifth Avenue, Flatiron – 7,300 square feet
The specialty mattress manufacturer inked a lease for 7,300 square feet of space at 136 Fifth Avenue. Sarah Hughes Cafaro of SRS Real Estate Partners represented the tenant while Andrew Zamel of Zamel Properties represented the landlord in house, along with an RKF team of Ariel Schuster and Ike Bibi.
9) Champion, 434 Broadway, Soho – 7,121 square feet
The athletic apparel company inked a lease for 7,121 square feet of space at 434 Broadway. Jim Downey of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant while Andrew Kahn and Christian Stanton of Cushman represented the landlord, Savanna.
10) Café Nunez, 240 West 35th Street, Penn Plaza – 6,177 square feet
The restaurant renewed its 11-year lease for 6,177 square feet of space at 240 West 35th Street. James Bullaro of Bullaro Properties represented the tenant while John Cinosky and Colin Godwin of ATCO Brokerage Services represented the landlord in house.